To enable the horn when locking your Hyundai car, you can follow these general steps. Please note that the specific procedure may vary slightly depending on your Hyundai model and the year it was manufactured. Refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for model-specific instructions.
Method 1: Using the Key Fob (Remote)
- Ensure the vehicle is locked: Make sure your Hyundai is locked using the key fob or remote control.
- Press and hold the lock button: On the key fob or remote control, press and hold the lock button. Keep holding it down.
- Listen for the horn: While holding down the lock button, listen for the horn to sound. This indicates that the feature has been enabled.
- Release the button: Once you hear the horn sound, release the lock button.
- Test it: Lock your Hyundai using the key fob or remote control again. You should hear the horn honk to confirm that the feature is now active.
Method 2: Using the Vehicle’s Settings (If Available)
Some Hyundai models allow you to customize vehicle settings using the onboard display. Here’s how you can enable the horn when locking the car using this method:
- Enter the vehicle: Get inside your Hyundai and make sure the doors are closed.
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position: You don’t need to start the engine, but the key or key fob should be in the “On” position.
- Access the settings menu: Use the vehicle’s infotainment system or dashboard controls to access the settings menu. The exact steps may vary, so consult your owner’s manual for guidance.
- Find the “Locking” or “Security” section: Navigate to the section of the settings menu that deals with security or locking features.
- Enable the horn when locking: Look for an option that allows you to enable the horn honk when locking the car. Select this option and follow the on-screen prompts to enable it.
- Save the changes: After enabling the feature, be sure to save or confirm your changes as per the on-screen instructions.
- Test it: Lock your Hyundai using the key fob or the door lock button, and you should hear the horn honk to confirm that the feature is active.
If your Hyundai model doesn’t have this feature or you encounter any difficulties, it’s a good idea to consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual or contact your local Hyundai dealership for specific instructions and support.